Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Street Fair

I went to a new Street Fair yesterday--My first all day event, with a big booth, not just a single table.  I set the whole booth up in the garage on Saturday.  Thank goodness I did that, because once I was about half way set up on Sunday morning, I started to panic--so much stuff???  What goes where???  How am I going to do this???  I thought about the garage--how each part of each table was devoted to a different type of thing.

I tried very hard to edit so I didn't have too much and so the display was attractive.  It was cluttered still, but that is just who I am.  I'm always going to be a bit messy.  That will appeal to some, and not to others.  So be it.  

I think this fair, as it was during the day, appealed to a different demographic than the others I've done.  The Bedheads and owls were a hit, as they always are, but more folks admired the little decorative things I do--the apples, the pumpkins...  My photos aren't the best, but I can't take new photos 'cause most of these apples and pumpkins have moved to new homes!

Speaking of apples you need to check the BEAUTIFUL work by Lil Fish Studios: click lil fish studios news: Shop Update to see her beautiful apples and pears.  She does a cross-section of the fruit instead of the whole fruit.   Oh--and if you are reading this and you know me, check out her photo.  Does that person look familiar to you?  She looks familiar to me.  Who is it???

No comments:

Post a Comment