Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Red Mittens with Suede Palms

I just finished the most amazing pair of mittens. Merino felt with
matching brick red suede for the palm. I can't believe I had the
perfect color of reclaimed suede in my stash. The cuffs are long
enough to cover the longest wrist. I have more of the wool and the
suede, but only the turtleneck from the sweater to make cuffs for the
next pair. I must make at least one more pair to sell, 'cause I want
these for myself. I'm doing an all day street fair Sunday--I'm
hoping folks are ready to buy mittens and hats because I'll have the
room to display a lot of different things and I want to test the
market-- see what sells, what catches the eye, what gets ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment