Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Penguin

I found the pattern on pintrest. From "The Purl Bee."  Here is the address for the pattern.  The original made the penguin from really cute cottons, but mine, of course, is recycled sweaters.  I was cutting out sheep today, so I had the white and black felted sweaters out already.   I made some little changes in how I put the pattern together--I sewed the center panel onto one side of the back before I sewed the head seam, and I sewed the wings on differently, just 'cause I didn't look at the directions when I got to the point of sewing on the wings...

 The pattern is really great because the penguin has good balance and he (she??)stands up pretty easily.  Also, I just like the shape of the head and neck.  Some of that can be controlled with wool felt by how you stuff, but some is up to the cut of the original pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment