Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Monsters again


It is interesting to note how many of Joseph's helpers have said "oh, your monsters have always been my favorites" when I've shown them what I'm working on right now.  If I trust young and hip college students to gauge the market, I'll make a lot of these.  Well, they seem young and hip to me.  I'm not sure the aspiring special educator subset of the college population is exactly the hippest, or is destined to have the greatest slice of the disposable income pie, but when has that ever mattered to me.  They are all young and smart and creative and I value the opinions of these women.  I'm working on getting good photos to submit with my applications for summer shows.  With official retirement looming, I'll have time this spring to make preparations for more shows this summer.  Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment