Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Monster!!



Should this Monster be under the tree for Joseph or for Alex this Christmas? I'll make another for the other one--so it doesn't really matter.

I think I've found my medium for creativity. This wool felt is such a forgiving fabric. And making monsters is just my speed. If I make a mistake, it just adds to his monsterlyness. I was inspired by similar toys I saw on Etsy, so I can't take credit for all the creativity. If you can see his mouth, you may be able to tell that it is the pocket on a sweater vest. I stuffed him with scraps of wool felt, so even the stuffing is recycled. I love how soft he is. He should also be washable, since I already washed all the wool in hot water. He may gather lint, so I'll need to clean him off every once in awhile. I also like the fact that I made him in under two hours! Off to browse Etsy for more ideas. Well, maybe I'd better get everything else done that I need to do today before I let myself disappear into Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I made my son a monster last year for Christmas & he loves it.
    http://resweater.blogspot.com/2008/11/christmas-monster.html

    Sorry for all the comments, but I just discovered your blog & love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. i love how you are recycling and having fun doing it. your monsters are adorable. so are your birdie ornaments:)

    ReplyDelete