Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Black Bear Cubs


I love these guys.  They are made from a vintage coat.  I debated long and hard before I cut the coat, but the lining was worn beyond repair, and to get the coat into wearable shape was a bigger project.  Besides, I could just see what great bears the fabric would make.  I'm not disappointed.

I've just scaled the pattern I'm using up a bit and down a bit so I can make a mama with 1 or 2 cubs.   These are about 10 inches long from nose to backside.

  I wish I had an unlimited supply of this fabric.  I may make the mama cub pattern out of something less precious to be sure I have the size difference right before I cut anymore of this fabulous nubby black wool!

It is hard to get a decent photo of something black...   


1 comment: