Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day for Blue

Notice how the skirt has roses and the sweater has roses.  I love those kinds of details!

I limit myself to recycled, reclaimed fabrics for my work.  No going to the store to buy just the right shade of blue.  I find clothing and fabric at the thrift shops or in other peoples stash of scraps.  Today I made a brown kitty.  I was thinking I wanted to do a brown and blue theme, so she would need blue clothes.  Alas, I searched high and low for the right fabrics in my sewing room and came up empty.  Almost.  Finally I found a scrap of brown and pale aqua blue upholstery fabric.  Not a big piece, mind you, but a just big enough piece.  A matching sweater was soon uncovered.  Also not a big piece, but a just big enough piece.  So I have my brown and blue kitty.  She has a very short skirt.  That is the best I could do with the piece I had.  I made the smallest hem I could.  The other new girl is dark blue with different shades of gray and blue and almost green in the pattern part of the sweater.  Blue stripe and a blue sweater seemed just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment