Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Mittens for the boys

I have know since the weather turned cool that our boys needed new mittens.  We managed to lose one of each pair from last year, and hands have grown, so larger mittens were in order.  I intended to make them as soon as we had cold weather--but no--one boy had to wear mismatched mittens to school for about a month before break.  I thought I'd have them under the tree for Christmas.  Again,  didn't get it done.  FINALLY--the evening before the first day of school after break, we have two new pairs of mittens.  Only one is pictured.   Alex choose the color scheme.  White doesn't seem very practical, but he insisted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment