Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mittens Galore

I like my mittens unlined. I think the wool breaths better, so the hand doesn't sweat. I guess I've just never liked fleece. A quick search of Etsy today reveals that I'm in the minority. I'll be curious to see if any of these will sell on Etsy. If they don't, I may have to line with cashmere. I'll never give in and use fleece. I think it feels nasty. I think I react to fleece the way some react to wool. My hands get kind of prickly when I touch it...




1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I make mine single layer out of soft wools, wool blends, and cashmere, then I make removable liners out of wool and cashmere for those that want a second layer.

    ReplyDelete