Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SCORE at VOA !!!

I've tried to limit my time in the thrift stores these days.  I don't need any more wool.  I need to use what I have.  But, I'm allowing myself to go to the "half-price" on everything day at my favorite local VOA  (Volunteers of America) store.  It is the last Tuesday of the month.  It was been crazy last month, and today.  Next month, as the last sale day before Christmas will be even busier, I expect.   I can't figure out where all the stuff comes from.  People wheel cart after cart after cart out of the store, and the racks are still full.

I found many many beautiful pieces of wool--a gold and black check skirt, pleated, very lightweight, and a size 20.  There must be more than three yards of fabric.  I've already had one piece of it in the washing machine and it is making beautiful lightweight felt.  Gold and black check--really small checks?  So unusual.  It will be fabulous for so many things.  Right now I'm thinking snowman scarves.   Three yards worth of snowman scarves?  Never.  But something fabulous. 

An old old old black boucle coat.  I'm thinking really classy hats.  Or stuffed animals.  Or owls.   It is too small for me, and pretty worn.  It may be a shame to cut it.  I'll look at it carefully before I do. 

Two sweaters I will wear.  

And finally, a winter white merino cape thing.  Beautiful yarn.  I've already unraveled one panel.  The collar was like an attached scarf.  Once I detached it, I have a scarf.   The softest, prettiest, warmest scarf.  I think I'm keeping it for me.  The rest of the yarn will be for sale eventually on Etsy.  It is so soft.  It needs to be a baby sweater...

No comments:

Post a Comment