Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inspiration from success

I'm feeling particularly inspired to sew these days because a store in town is selling my things.  It is such a joy to get a call--"Do you have any more pumpkins?   I've sold them all.  Bring me more."  The store owner likes my things, and her store has a funky, not quite perfect, colorful, random vibe that is really comfortable for me.  She tells me to raise my prices, not lower them.  (I can't raise them as high as she wants me to.  I just can't.)  She buys some things out right, others she is waiting to pay for until they sell, but splitting the cost 60/40.  I get 60 she takes 40.  That seems really fair to me.  I'll see how it works out.  She has a lot of small things in the store, but also some fairly expensive items.  She recently moved her store from the suburbs to the "Arts" district of Columbus, and it she has had great success the first few months.  The name of the store is "Adore" and the sign inside the door says "Find things you adore."  If you are ever in town, stop by 745 North High Street!

I'm inspired to make things that take a bit more time because I'll have a place to sell them.

A few more stores like this--maybe in a few different cities-- and I'll be busy all the time--AND--set for my retirement!

I added the quote to the above right on blog today.  It is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all your success! I am so happy to hear that. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete