Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scarf done

It is 7-8 feet long. I double it before I wear it. I suppose I could have made it twice as wide and half as long, but I like the flexibility of a long narrow scarf.

Looks nice with black, white, or the right shade of green. I'm happy with the light weight of the silk cotton blend. I wore it to work yesterday.

My second attempt at kool aid dying failed. The color never set. I suspect I didn't wait long enough before taking it out of the crock pot. My third and fourth attempts are hanging to dry. I'll post a photo soon. They didn't bleed and I'm fairly happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment