Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Something New. Wool Longies.

I'm not showing the inside. It isn't pretty. But for my second and
third attempts, pretty good.

I may be giving up on baby shoes. Too little and detailed for me. I
like my rug because it is, by definition, rustic.

2 comments:

  1. I love the longies... very cute! I love your rug, and am very envious of it. Did you use just wool for it? I may have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far the rug is all wool. Or at least I think it is. I've used a few pieces that didn't have tags telling the content. I used the burn test. Samples from the unknown fabrics burned and smelled like wool. That is, they didn't burn very well and they smell terrible when I tried to burn them. As of today I have 9 more rounds since the last posted photo. It is now as big as my dining room table. Look for more photos soon!

    ReplyDelete