Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Niddy Noddy

I went to the hardware store yesterday, spent a whopping $5.75, and
made a niddy noddy. You can find directions online at many different
sites. There are beautiful wood niddy noddies available online as
well, but this is functional. It works like a dream, once I figured
out the rhythm of it. It is used to wind yarn into skeins for washing
or dying. I added end caps and rubber washers to hold the yarn in the right spots.

I love it!!! (The !!! are for you, Sarah.)

1 comment: