Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Second and Third Attempts



I won't even show a photo of bootie #1...

They are getting better and I'm learning how to sew with suede. (My best tip that I didn't read elsewhere on the internet: Hold it together with little clothes pins, 'cause you can't use regular pins....and that seems easier than the binder clips others suggest.)

I'm still fiddling with the pattern and the design. I want elastic in the ankle part, but that is easier said than done.

The green one looks better, but in fact, it isn't put together in a way that will make it easy to put on and off, so... Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment