Felted Woolies are things made from reclaimed, recycled wool. I find wool at thrift stores and garage sales. I clean it, felt it or unravel it, and make new things. I seem to have a bit of trouble focusing on just one project--so I make a lot of different things, practical and not so practical.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Amigurumi Monkey



I've finished my second crocheted animal--I've learned this is called "Amigarumi" and is big in Japan. My guy is based on a pattern from a library book by Elisabeth A. Doherty. She also has an ETSY site. Her version of the monkey is very colorful, and has different legs. I wanted a more realistic monkey, so I modified her pattern. My monkey is about 14 " long, and about 8 inches tall when he is sitting. For my next project, I'm planning a smaller, less complicated bear or rabbit. I'm pretty hooked on this craft--no pun intended!

Oh, and remember my first effort? The mouse? I left him on the kitchen shelf. Either Alex gave him to the cats or the cats climbed up on the counter and got him down. Alex says he didn't take the mouse down, so??? Since these are made of wool, the mouse was pretty fuzzed up after playing with the cats for a few hours, so I rubbed him in catnip, and gave him back to the cats.

I've promised Alex the next project. (I'm keeping Monkey for myself!)

2 comments:

  1. I love it, so cute Aunt Lora. Your getting pretty good!
    Can't wait to see the next project.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete